A healthy lifestyle is the one where you can balance discipline and the things that make you happy. Post-workout your body demands a good amount of protein for recovery of muscles and eating or drinking the same old food or protein shakes gets a little dreary at times. So, you can add these protein crepes to your diet and sweet up your diet game.
I have a sweet tooth occasionally and especially when I am on a diet. These crepes are my “go-to meal” on those days where my heart wishes to hogg on food but my mind wants to achieve my weekly target (Happens a lot! Hahaha). These crepes just took 10 mins to prep and cook for a beginner like me but took an hour to get the perfect Insta picture (I am an old school millennial- if that is a thing).
Either I burn my hand or the food while experimenting in the kitchen. But these crepes are so easy to cook that they came out perfect and edible. One thing you’d want to keep in mind is to use a NON-STICK PAN and the amount of WHEY POWDER should be half than that of flour. Oh well, that’s two points to keep in mind.
I have used a very limited amount of ingredients to make it suitable for weight-loss plans and at the same time loaded with nutrients.
Whey Protein- helps to build muscle and recover after a good workout session.
Whole Wheat- It helps replenish your energy reserves, keeps you satiated due to fiber content and keeps blood cholesterol level in check.
Banana- To get your dose of potassium… K?
Milk- Although used in small amount here, it is a good source of calcium and fats.
Ghee- You know the good facts about fats, right?
Usually, I opt for 0 calorie sweeteners to save my calorie on cutting. You could always use jaggery or honey otherwise (Check for calories if on cutting).
Prep Time -10 mins
Cook Time -1 min
Total Time -11 mins
Keyword: breakfast, crepes, fruit, protein, recipe
Calories: 300 Calories | Carbs- 42.9g | Protein- 16.8g | Fats- 6.8g | Fiber- 5.5g
· 30 gm Whole Wheat Flour
· Half Scoop Whey
· 80 gm Banana
· 0 Cal sweetener (As per the sweetness required)
· Pinch of Salt
· 10 ml Buffalo milk
· 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
· 6 g of Ghee/Butter
· Half spoon sugar-free Hershey’s Syrup OR Chocolate bar for decorating.
1. In a small bowl, take all the weighed ingredients except banana.
2. Mash 50 g of banana and add this to the mixture.
3. In a blender, add the about mixture and add a sufficient quantity of water to form a smooth batter.
4. Heat a pan over medium heat. Spray with non-stick spray or melt a little butter/ghee. Add a scant 1/3 cup of the batter and spread it in a clockwise motion with less pressure. Let cook until just starting to brown and then using a spatula carefully flip the crepe. Cook on the other side until just starting to turn golden brown.
5. Serve with remaining banana quantity and a little sugar-free syrup or melted chocolate bar.
Tried this recipe? Mention @JankiRanaFitness